Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's not like I'm a crazy food hippie or anything

I swear. But yesterday I clicked over on a certain ad that freaked me out.





The ad was for cloned milk. As in, milk from cloned cows. And I just died a little bit inside. And in case you think I'm kidding...I'm not.





Apparently the FDA has approved the use of cloned animals for meat and milk. Which. Fine. Weird, but fine. I don't really see the benefit of it, because it's going to cost more to produce AND you have to convince people that it's not creepy. Uh, I'm not going to be able to jump on a bandwagon of people thinking that cloned milk is somehow better for you.





Meanwhile the rest of the world is trying to get away from "the weird." Even regular milk from Wal-Mart for example even says that it doesn't have the growth hormones in it. Not that the hormones were actually an issue to begin with. The hormone debacle didn't bother me.





The cloning thing does. It's not like there's a shortage of cows.





Oh and one more thing. On the clony cow website, in their FAQ:



I would say, actually there are some ethical issues about cloning and while they may or may not apply to your cows, they certainly do exist.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I just hope they label the food as beign from cloned animals ... science just seems to be going TO FAR is some areas lately.

STQ said...

I'm going to go ahead and get my order in for a brilliant, kind, generous, musically-talented, beautiful, blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl (just so she'll be like me, don'tcha know...) that I can name Persephone. I mean, we'll all be ordering kids from catalogs soon, won't we? Look on the bright side - no more stretch marks...

And I'm scared that they said there were no ethical issues with cloning too...I can name one or one thousand off of the top of my head.