Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Take some No Doz, you're going to need it

I submitted an online complaint to the SPCA detailing the dog situation. If they do nothing, I'm just going to have to assume that I'm over-reacting. I still feel bad for the dog, but maybe it's because I treat my dogs like children with the exception of day care, and that whole locking them up in a box all day. Ok, maybe not so much like children as dirty smelly house guests. Bottom line, I don't lock them outside all day every day and only talk to them once a week. And while my dogs don't require the grooming that a long haired dog requires, if they did, I would most certainly take care of it, especially in the summer in Texas. Ok, enough. Are you as sick of hearing about that dog as I am of writing about it?

I got my PE certificate in the mail yesterday. Thank you, mail lady, for bending it. I think I can flatten it with a heavy book though, it's not creased or anything. Now I just have to send in the paperwork with my picture and the stamps I had made, so they will be approved. I have my grandfather's PE certificate with a picture of him framed, so I'm thinking of doing something similar, it seems awfully self indulgent, but I also have my diploma framed, so maybe there's no difference. Maybe it's the picture that makes me feel that way. I'm probably over thinking it.

I have developed a plan of attack for my experiment (more on this tomorrow.) Actually, I guess it's a plan of organization. A plan for a plan. I may need some psychiatric help, I'll add it to my to-do list, right after "type packing list for this weekend" and before "start Christmas shopping list for Christmas 08."

I drove my grandmother's car to work today, and learned several pretty good lessons. People do not get out of your way in a Corolla like they do when you're in a full sized truck. The drive through windows at Chick-Fil-A (and probably various other places) are not so much eye level, but more way the heck up there. I am taller than the car I'm driving for the first time in a REALLY long time, it's weirder than I thought it would be. It's coming back to me, but I just hadn't realize exactly how much the size of your vehicle truly determines how you have to drive. Also...it kind of feels like I'm driving a roller skate. But it's going to be totally worth it in gas savings, even just driving it for a few weeks.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin laughs at me all the time with my lists, but it helps me feel organized. Glad to hear I'm not alone. I'm not quite ready for Christmas shopping, but I did stop and think maybe I should add it to my to-do list!

The dog show was fun - we see the two extremes of pet owners, your lady who should be locked up for how she treats her dog, and the people at the dog show who primp them, I'm not kidding, with hair tools that barely ever touch my hair (flat irons, really?), but it is fun to gawk at, and the agility competition and frisbee demos are fun too. As we were leaving we saw something called "flyball", think relay race for dogs, too funny.

We should get Indian food! and soon all those new places should open up, so we'll have lots of different places to try. Mimi's Cafe, BJ's brewhouse, can't wait!

My hairdresser has his picture with his license, I always thought it was to prove that he is the licensed person....you worked enough for it, if you want to indulge, do it!

Aunt Becky said...

Congrats on the PE! That's great. And why the hell not frame it? I would!

Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel!

Ford F350 w/crew cab and 8ft bed

to

VW Beetle Convertible

: )