Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm so tire...ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I am a person who wants to be asleep at 9pm. 10pm at the latest.

On Friday night. 1am.

Saturday night. Midnight.

Last night 1:30am.

I'm going to try and think of a story from this weekend to tell...but my brain cells are all being used right now to keep my eyeballs open.

I sailed a sailboat for the first time in 10 years and for the first time in like 20 since I had wind to actually power it. (see, I re read that and I don't think it's clear...when I sailed 10 years ago there was no wind, and at that point it had been probably 10 years since the last time I had sailed.) Much like riding a bike, I am beginning to remember that skillset. But 20 years is a long time to have not done something.

Luckily however, I had Kelly. Who had sailed last weekend for the first time in 20 or so years and she took most of the girls out on the boat one at a time. And when that was over, she took the adults.

I stayed on shore with the other adult while they sailed off. We talked about how likely a person was to get wet and and I was all "oh, slim to none."

And Kelly was out for quite a long time. we were thinking that they were just going a little longer or a little further that she did with the girls, because she was with an adult.

And then they came back. "How come you didn't come looking for us?" We honestly thought they'd been out a while but not a "they must be in trouble" kind of long. Apparently, once out and sailing. They capsized. And typically on a sailboat capsizing is fine, you hang on the centerboard and upright the boat. but when your boat turns upside down and the centerboard falls out - it a little more work to get it up.

Luckily the next adult was a trooper, she's an elementary school principal, so she kind of has to be. And despite her dislike of being all wet, she took her chances. And came back still very dry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how you were holding up!

Thank GOD there were no cameras on the water to watch the two of us trying to right that sailboat.

We would have made America's Funniest Home Videos for sure.

That's it! I'm going to start working out again!

Kelly