Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Go Green

I didn’t do what I wanted to do, which was buy a new trash can and start saving plastic for recycling. (At our center you have to sort things, so I was just going do one thing and not have to sort it.) Sadly, I did not. I probably will in the near future, but for this challenge time frame I didn’t do what I intended to do.

What did I do?

I didn’t litter. I never do, there are just too many trash cans available at any given time to make littering justifiable.

We used cloth napkins and dish towels instead of paper napkins and paper towels whenever possible. In fact we use cloth napkins most nights for dinner.

Run full loads of laundry and dishes instead of half loads. I already did this, but we are still doing it.

I signed up for the opt out thingy to not get credit card offers anymore, they haven’t stopped yet, but it said to give it 90 days.

I still plan my errands to conserve gas. In fact I even ran one errand on my bike one time (pay the baby-sitter). I'd do that more, but the streets I'd have to cross with Landon on the back of my bike make me very scared.

We have 1 reusable A/C filter, we’re having trouble finding one for the 12x36 size.

Every replacement light bulb in our house has been a compact fluorescent bulb.

No comments: