Monday, October 08, 2007

No MIPs?

I bet you thought you could come here for Birthday party pictures.

I thought you could too.

I don’t have my USB cable with me today. And the camera is all “No I won’t give them to the computer with out it.” Selfish.

So that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Instead want to hear about how I called the cops later that night?

Clint and Shane went to Clint’s parents’ hotel room, while I tried to get Landon to sleep at a reasonable hour.

SOME ONE we know didn’t go to sleep until like 11:20pm. I took him upstairs to his crib and went down to make myself a glass of ice water.

I looked out the window and some person is walking around Shane’s car. Weird.

I got my water, I went to the bathroom. I came back to see what they’re doing then.

They were still there. They looked like they were on the phone.

A car drove up and 4 more people got out.

They all walked around the car. They looked in the windows. After a few minutes they had been here too long for a “hey there’s this old car on ____ street, come look at it.” Way too long. Long enough for me to think. “I wonder if they’re deciding whether to take the radio, or the whole car.”

I locked the backdoor. I called Clint. “Uh…people outside, looking at Shane’s car. Unnerving.”

I hung up and I started shaking. This is not an emergency, you can’t call 911 because it’s not an emergency. Where is the regular phone number to the police station…city of ….no. I look up police. It’s under police,. But doesn’t say if it’s Ourtown or Town Nextdoor. I call anyway. I tell her I’m alone and I’m scared. And what’s going on, and she says she’s sending someone out.

I honestly thought if the cop showed up at the end of the street they’d scatter.

I called Clint and told him I called the cops.

The cops showed up. They sent a 12 year old. He was, literally smaller than my nephew.

Clint skidded around the corner about half way through their “investigation” Read: sit the kids on the curb and let them “think about what they’ve done.”

The 4 boys and 1 girl had a LOT of liquor – which they claimed to have found by the car. HAHAHA. It was cheap clear liquor. Nothing says “This is a teenager’s alcohol” like a $6 gallon of something clear.

They claimed they just thought it was a “cool car.” 2 were released to parents, 3 were allowed to just drive off! After finding them with gallons of liquor, he didn’t even do a field sobriety test. He just poured it out.

He said when he told them that what they were doing was a good way to get shot, that it’s like “their eyes were opened.” I think when they heard him say that they thought “if we act dumb, we won’t get in any trouble for this.” And they were right.

And then he tried to give us the bag. It’s not our bag. It’s their bag, you moron.

What happened to MIPs? Do they not give those out anymore?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They hand out plenty around here, but it's a college town. We also have a task force dedicated just to noise violations. Old farts rule in this city.

It doesn't shock me that Junior Officer Peach Fuzz didn't do anything about it though. It's amazing that going 5-10 mph over the speed limit can get you a $200 ticket but getting blitzed in high school just results in a lukewarm warning.