Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And the Hits Just Keep on Coming

So yesterday, I stayed home from work sick. I was battling a cold all weekend and still felt bad yesterday morning, bad enough to take Landon to Linda's and then go back to bed.

The freakish rainstorm kept Clint at work late due to flooding.

I was standing in the kitchen getting my ice water ready to go upstairs and begin an evening of being yelled at to pick me up, put me down,WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY did you put me down....PICK ME UP!

And I heard what sounded like if you leave you sink on and it over flows and the water hits the floor. And I looked, and the sink was not on. And the Bar sink was not on. And the washing machine was not on. And the bathroom sink was not on. And the shower was not on. And the floor around the fridge looked dry. And I had just about decided that maybe the noise was some kind of toy making a weird noise, when I saw water by the pantry, coming from the dining room.

The whole front wall of our dining room is wet. Up in the corner was a pocket of paint, peeled from the wall, what once held all the water that finally gave way.

The plumber comes today, and hopefully we can get to the root of the problem.

Clearly this is going to be the best week EVAH!

No comments: