Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A New Kind of Torture


No nap today. None. None at all.

We went to story time at the library. The theme of the day was buttons. And holy moly were there a thousand little kids there. And holy moly are 2 years olds the most non-compliant people on earth. Except maybe teenagers, and at least they have the decency to just sulk and give dirty looks. It was the loudest gathering with a speaker that I have ever experienced.

Landon was actually complimented on his behavior, which I can actually only attribute to the school thing, since I have next to nothing to do with it.

We did finally acquire a snow cone. Landon specifically asked for an orange one. They didn't have orange, so I asked if the mango was orange or yellow - and they guy told me orange. And he must be color blind, is all I can figure. But Landon loved it, so we're cool with it being the "wrong" color.

Aside from the nap and unwillingness to put on any clothes at the end of the day, I'd say we're making progress.

2 comments:

The Modernish Father said...

Yeah, days without naps are definitely to be feared.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh dear. *shudder* no naps? Henry is growing out of them at 4... but Sam tells me he is ready for naps in the afternoon still... THANK GOD!