Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Checking in

So, my new job is...a new job. There's a new building layout to learn and new procedures to learn and the hardest part for me, which is the meeting of new people and trying to remember their names the next time I see them, which I hardly ever do (and short of using the demonic voice that House Bunny uses, I'm not really sure how to remedy this.) and oh, having to ask for the day off on the Friday of my second week. (Which they actually were really cool about.)

Landon is LOVING being back at school, yesterday it took me 15 minutes to convince him that we had to leave. Everyone was excited to have him back and see that he was potty trained. So much so in fact, that today - I got off earlier and decided to come home and then I'll go pick him up. Next week, I'm considering working out during this time. (Go ahead and laugh, I did.)

Only issue I have right now is that I can't access the website where they have the cameras at his day care from work...which sucks, but it's not like I was looking at him a lot anyway, and also everytime I tried they were mostly somewhere else in the building that I couldn't see anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that everyone should have a name tag!! Too bad that I was the only one who thought that.
MoM

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh glad to hear that new job is going well-ish.... I hate that part of a new job! I am terrible at remembering names!

The Modernish Father said...

I've been at my current job for a little over two years and I still don't know the names of most of the people here. Unfortunately, I'm only acquainted with the troublemakers who cause me grief on a regular basis. Funny how that works.

Congrats again on the new job!

Valerie said...

Starting a new job is like the first day of school. But, I find that after a couple months you start to feel like part of the team. You never know...you might like it better than the last one!

Aunt Becky said...

Starting a new job is The Pits. Glad that you're better adjusted than I am.