Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Surfin' Safari

On Monday I headed down to the Swamp to pick up my mom and then we drove out to Quintana.


Landon really liked the sand, he was not happy about the water trying to get him, or the idea of crabs in general, and also, would rather pee in a potty than on the sand, thank you very much. Which, yay! Except, Boo - the potties are way too far away, why won't you just pee on this dune?

We tried to teach him a little about horseshoes, and he figured out it was just easier to walk over and plop it right down over the stick.


I've been waffling back and forth about putting him back in Day Care this week. I've landed on keeping him home. I don't think I'll get anything done anyway, and I probably won't have another chance like this for a while. One of the things I have been working with him on is talking about his day with his Daddy when he gets home, a kind of day in review. And this was the first day when he volunteered information! I hope he'll tell me about his days at school now.
When I told him we wold be going to the beach he requested that we have a picnic, so here he is eating a (probably sandy) apple - this was a major highlight of the day apparently.

1 comment:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh how I wish we has a non-river beach to go to! This looks so nice!