Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday: A week of menus

Works for Me Wednesday

I have nothing, so I signed up on this week’s “Works for Me Wednesday.” This weeks assignment is to have my readers comment on helpful tips they have that work for them. Which doesn’t really seem fair for you guys, since I haven’t given you my tips yet. So I’ll do mine and if you feel the need to give me a tip, leave a comment.

Weekly Menus.

Every Sunday, my husband and I sit down and plan the weekly menu. We start by deciding what the week’s plans are, do I have Girl Scouts, do I have Girls’ Night Out, do we have weekend plans, etc.


Then we decide on meals for the nights when we will both be around. I try to plan meals that require hot dogs buns or hamburger buns or salad towards the beginning of the week, so I don’t have to go back to the store to replace things. (Sadly, this example does not follow that rule, so let’s suspend belief for a minute and pretend that salad won’t wilt and bread won’t mold)

Then we decide on side dishes. I try to add vegetables, Clint tries to avoid them. I generally secretly add vegetables that just show up without being on the menu. (I am so busted now, but whatever, I’m still going to do it)



Then we make a shopping list based on what we need and what we have already.



Then we go shopping, hopefully with the list in hand.

Inevitably one or two of the meals gets vetoed – either one or both of us doesn’t get home in time to be making a meal, we just kick it to the next week, so we don’t have to buy groceries for it again.

Anyway – this saves us money cause we have a list at the grocery store, and also the nightly “what’s for dinner?” “I dunno, what do you want?” “I dunno, what do you want?” “I dunno, what do you want?” “I dunno, what do you want?”

So, if you have any tips, leave ‘em in the comments.

No comments: