Monday, June 01, 2009

Adulthood

My mom likes to tell people that I've been an adult since I was 4.

I think my son may be on the same path to early adulthood. We went to dinner Thursday night and at the table they gave us some bread, so Clinton sliced some for Landon and handed it to him.

The first slice, Landon explained how it needed to be a sandwich and folded it over himself.

I gave him the second slice, which he scoffed at about how it wasn't folded and then folded it himself again - narrating exactly how one folds bread, "like a book," if you must know.

For the third slice he made his wishes clear to Clinton during the cutting process and while he was folding it for him, he even repeated the "like a book" command. And when Clinton handed him the piece of folded buttered bread, Landon said "Good job, Daddy!"

4 comments:

Carol said...

hopefully being an adult at 4 also lets you still be a kid when you're well into your 30s :)

nonsoccermom said...

"Good job, Daddy" HA HA HA HA HA!

Jill said...

It's good to know that Daddy's not leaning on his shovel!

Aunt Becky said...

Hahahahaha! I love him.