The rules for this award:
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show the winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” There’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
1. I’m afraid of yeast.
2. Not like “Ahh, the yeast! It’s going to get me!”
3. But more like, “dang, I’m going to make this and it won’t rise and I will have wasted all this time and effort and ingredients and I STILL won’t have bread.”
4. The bread machine did not help in this matter one iota.
5. Iota is a weird word.
6. I turn people’s toilet paper over when it’s put on the roll wrong.
7. And by wrong, I mean pulling from under.
8. It should be over the top.
9. It’s a tough crusade, but I’m on it.
10. It makes me mad when I’m in a public restroom and cannot change the roll.
I may have cheated…on honest scrap. Seriously people, I couldn’t come up with 10 things, please do not tag me for those 25 lists. I can’t handle the pressure.
And now, I give you my seven blogs that I nominate. Except I don’t, because I’m a cheater, but also because everyone who I read is great. Or I wouldn’t read them. And actually, the thing is that if I nominate them and then they don’t do it, or they already did it, it becomes awkward when I show up at their door step and am like, “hey didn’t you want to put my award up on your mantle?” And they’re all “yeah, we diiiiid, but it didn’t match the curtains, so we’re keeping it in the basement with the mice.” Or worse, I don’t nominate someone and they get their feelings hurt and then when I come over for high tea, they’re all, “Hey, I have this spot right here for your award you gave…oh, you didn’t give it to me? GET OOOOOOOUUUTTTT!” And it just ruins everything, and I really love scones. So if you want it, it’s yours.
Better yet, you can say you want it in the comments and then I can edit this and when I have 7, I will pretend I just nominated you...no? Still cheating? You guys are such rule followers.