Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Another milestone!

Landon has his very first ever ear infection!

I'm not nearly as excited about it as I seem. Please take the exclamation point with a grain of salt.

What I'm excited about is that we made it 2 years and 4 months without one. And this one? His doctor said that it was pretty red, but not terrible. Last night he was pointing in his mouth and crying, and I thought it was teeth coming in. This morning he was able to tell his teacher that his ear hurt, and he was consistent on which ear hurt. I don't even know how you people with non-verbal children figure it out.

Totally explains the crankiness of last night and this morning!

We have drugs.

He'll be fine.

5 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh that is pretty darn good! Henry has had all of one in his lifetime--- but Sam has them (even with tubes) on a regular basis! Not fun.

nonsoccermom said...

Ah, the ear infection. Sadly, I know it well. With non-verbal kiddos, usually EXTREME CRANKINESS is the first clue, but it can be quite the guessing game. Snot! Coughing! No symptoms at all except random puking!

Anyway, sorry that the little guy is sick. Hope he feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! This is where parenting gets really fun.

Anonymous said...

Sorry the little one has an ear infection. I didn't even have to click on the link for "you people." Those kids seem to always have an ear infection! Knock on wood, Nate hasn't had one yet. He did have some fluid in his ears a couple of months ago, but the dr. said that was probably due to the cold he was getting over. Here's to the drugs kicking in quickly!

bernthis said...

that is what I love about having a kid who is five. If she is hungry she tells me, hurting someplace she tells me, takes all the guesswork out of it and that I do not miss