Friday, March 02, 2007

My sincere apologies

Dear Irish Mob,

I am so sorry I neglected the Shamrock Socks in my quest to find a reason to keep the giant footwear hung by my chimney with care. Please forgive me, as I always viewed St. Patrick’s Day as a “Kiss me, I’m Irish” button wearing holiday, and less of a gift giving holiday. Maybe my lack of stockings has kept me from receiving my pot of gold. I sincerely did not intend to anger you. Target has pretty much trained me which upcoming holiday deserves my focus and their decorations tell me that Easter is next. Although now that you mention it, they do have a small green area to the side of all the pastels. Fearing that my pot of gold would not fit in them (as I am now expecting a pot of gold equal to the total of the 27 years I have been skipped over plus this normal one), I put the stockings away this week. The Mystical Leprechaun is welcome to place my pot of gold anywhere he finds space in the living room. Please don’t have me whacked.

Thank you,
Kristine

P.S. – A St. Patrick’s Day peace offering:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me, I have this ridiculous little St. Patrick's Day lantern-candle-holder thing that I won at a Home Interiors party. Since I never decorate for any holiday other than Christmas, I keep forgetting to put it out. However, something tells me that the Irish mob won't care for such decor so close to home...