Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend O Fire

This child ruined every plan I had this weekend.

The puking, thank God, only lasted an hour or so, but the 102-103° fever lasted 48+ hours. Thereby canceling all weekend plans.

I watched roughly 36 hours of The Incredibles, Caillou, The Sandlot, Clifford, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, and Go, Diego, Go! And changed my sheets no less than 4 times.

Oh and the bonus of the weekend was the vacuum overflow valve thingie on the sprinkler system that popped off due to the freeze and flooded my yard and driveway before a neighbor knocked on my door to let me know about it.

This is one of those Mondays when I'm glad to be back at my desk.

3 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh jeez. that is rotten! Though I cannot remember a monday that I was happy to be back here.

The Modernish Father said...

Exact same thing happened to our valve Friday afternoon. Fortunately, one of our neighbors ran over and shut our water off.

Hope L feels better.

bernthis said...

ouch. That sucks. When the kid is sick, it's as if you are too b/c you end up passing the day in the same manner.