Friday, June 15, 2007

Retail Therapy

Ever been upset and someone suggests you spend money? Yeah, cause if I’m upset, what I need to do it go out and spend money that I probably need to pay a bill, so I will be sadder when the bill comes in and I can’t afford it and they shut off my electricity and I die. What? Too dramatic?

Ok fine, I just don’t understand retail therapy. I have never felt better after buying stuff, much less stuff I don’t need, much less expensive stuff I don’t need.

And so, my apologies to the salespeople and other customers for melting into a puddle of goo on the floor of Best Buy last weekend when I discovered that my coveted laptop had been $150 cheaper the day before. I did not mean to stain your shoes. Oh and kudos to whoever’s fine idea it was to change the prices, but not remove last week’s sale prices so I would know that. I get that your computer wasn’t working or whatever and you had to handwrite the prices, but you could have cut off the old price from the old tag.

Never have I spent so much money on something I could neither sit in or on.

I don’t know why Clinton appointed last weekend as “Laptop or Die” weekend. I don’t know why I went along with it. I certainly didn’t need it yet. And now, I’m afraid to touch it. I have had it almost a week, and I have yet to touch it more than to verify that it does turn on and what programs I may need.

Eventually I'll get used to it, I know, and eventually, I'll have an internet connection and I can post my blog from it and I will be able to post more often, but I'm not promising I will, I'm just saying I could.

No comments: