Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Body Part Donation

I already blogged about the bone marrow donation, and how they were going to send me a kit.

I did something else too.

I did this:



I’ve been losing my hair – apparently there’s post partum hair loss, yet another side effect I had no knowledge of and was not experiencing until someone mentioned it. So I decided I should cut it for Locks of Love. I made the decision to do it about a month ago, I decided to do it in August. And the more I thought about it, the more I thought about how much damage I was going to cause it by being in the pool all summer. This weekend provided the perfect culmination of events. Clint’s cousin Shelly sometimes cuts hair at family functions. I would ask if she would cut mine. I didn’t tell anyone but Clint and Clint, being that he’s been begging me to cut my hair for like 83,000 years now, immediately flipped open his phone to call and ask if she would be cutting hair and if she’d do mine. I also wanted to make sure she’d be ok with the long cut. Some hairdressers don’t want to do it. She said she’d love to. And I still didn’t mention it to anyone. At least not until a couple hours prior.

Anyway – I’m pretty happy with the result:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. The hair loss isn't permanent. I shed like the family pet every Spring and Fall which is probably why I didn't notice much of a difference after my kids were born.

Kelly