Sunday, April 29, 2007

To Post or Not to Post

How do you know it’s been too long since your last post? Is it because your camera is full and you can no longer take pictures until you take the time to actually take some off – and possibly share them with the world at large? Nope, or this would have happened last week some time. Is it because something vaguely amusing happened and you have a funny story to tell? Nope, or this would have happened last Monday. And then you don’t post and you don’t post and you don’t post and all you can think about is the fact that you haven’t posted and how hard it will be to come up with a decent post to come back. And then you post this drivel anyway: (Rewind you clocks to April 13, 2007, as that is when this story begins.)

Wouldn’t it just figure that when you finally get to skip off into the sunset without your kid that you’d get sick? I was full of snot for a few days prior to the wedding trip, and still am slightly.

Friday morning we headed to the EZ Tag store to iron out their stupidity. EZ Tag people need to get a new programmer. If a person breaks their new EZ Tag and calls to get a new one, and the customer service person changes their remaining good one to “Defective” and leaves the broken one as “Active,” and sends a new one, also marked “Active,” but you don’t check your account online, it can totally be a pain in the butt to fix. When the toll violation for the truck came I was completely annoyed that they should know that I have an EZ Tag, they should be able to look it up and fix it. Apparently I couldn’t just call and have them change the “Defective” one back to “Active.” They made me go in person to deal with it, instead of mailing me a new EZ Tag. They didn’t make me chose the trainee girl, but they didn’t have her clearly marked and admittedly I probably could have stomped my feet and gotten someone else who was faster to help me, but I let her be trained on me, so I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I walked in the door. It took them 35 minutes to fix it and give me a new tag. 35 minutes of my life I will never get back.

After the EZ Tag fiasco – which thankfully Landon slept through in the car with his daddy, who was ever fearful that the kid might wake and start howling, we went down to LJ and dropped off Landon, ran a couple errands, went by Target to pick up the stuff I forgot because for the very first time in my entire life I didn’t make a list prior to packing. And we headed off to the wedding festivities.

It was super windy and cold. Rehearsal dinner was very good. And I thought I was saying rather quietly to myself at the end of the night “Oh my God, I get to go sleep the WHOLE night.” As we got up to leave. I was not saying it quietly though, and the entire table laughed. They may have been laughing, but I woke up at 6:30, not having been up 2 times already and I was AWAKE!!! And well rested and felt like I could have conquered the world.

Bridesmaid luncheon was nice, and the wedding was nice, and it was quite possibly the EASIEST bridesmaid job ever. My second night of sleep didn’t go so well, but it was nice that I was starting to feel better anyway.

Sunday morning, we got up and packed everything up, we grabbed breakfast on our way out of town.

As it turns out, I’m the type of mother who does not call and check in on her child, I never did it when he was in Day Care, I never did it when Ashley or my Mom was watching him, and I don’t do it to Linda (Not to say, I’ve never called for other reasons though). I wouldn’t have left him if I didn’t trust the people he was with. Lots of people asked if I had called and checked in on him, and well, I know what it’s like to be dealing with him and have the phone ring. They gave me a kind of funny look when I said “no.” He survived and I survived, although I probably could have used another night or 2 for the sleeping.

My PE test was last Friday. They made me sign a non-disclosure agreement – which I find odd, since I figured they changed the test every time, but whatever. Suffice it to say that the morning was easier than I thought it would be and the afternoon was harder than I thought it would be. We took it in the club level of the Reliant Stadium (not in stadium seats, but at tables in the walkway). And now I wait. 12 weeks. 12. TWELVE!! So I will know July 13th. Maybe. If I don’t know by July 19th, they will start posting on the board’s webpage the results status (are they in, are the mailed, blah blah blah). And If I have to take the test again, I will have to register by August 31st, and will have to spend my birthday taking it. Let’s hope I don’t have to do that.

Which brings us to yesterday. When I got home I thought it odd that the pool was full of leaves and bird poop, since everything is supposed to run in the afternoon and I normally come home to a beautifully clean pool. I went to look at the timers and they’re sitting there pretending that it’s noon. So I tried to turn it on and it wouldn’t turn on, and Clint went to check the breaker and it had been flipped. He flipped it back and it shot flames at him. I turned everything off on my side and he flipped it, and when I turned it back on, I got flames from the motor. I guess we’re lucky we didn’t come home to a smoldering pile of house. So I called the pool guy and the motor itself is about $260, plus labor. And 14-18 days before they can make it out to the house – we will be pushed up as much as possible, since the pool is actually down, and it’s not just maintenance. In the meantime, we are to shock every 3-4 days with a pound or 2 of shock and net out as much as we can. And god help us, the birds of the neighborhood have decided that our pool is their bathroom, so it’s leaves and bird poo galore.

PS - I added some pictures to the Easter post.

No comments: