Saturday, May 01, 2010

Why I maybe shouldn't be left alone for very long.

So this morning I woke up, backwashed the pool, got my eyebrows done, started a fire in the oven causing enough smoke to actually test one of the smoke detectors in the house. Yes, it works - although I'm kind of alarmed by just how much smoke had to accumulate before it did go off.

You know, there's a reason I don't store stuff in the oven. And what possessed me to put the pizza boxes in there last night is beyond me. This is not the first time I have started a fire in the oven - last time was several years ago and a birthday cake with plastic wrap on it. Maybe this lesson will last me 5 or so years too.

My house looks pretty smoke free at the moment, but still smells like a burnt marshmallow.

3 comments:

kbreints said...

LOL! Oh my gawd! I am glad that no one got hurt!

Carol said...

glad everyone is ok, hope the smell has gone away....

Aunt Becky said...

I am also the reason we cannot have nice things.