Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Proof that I don't even know who my parents are anymore



This board game contain approximately 789,367 pieces. It's all about numbers and I'm all about numbers, so they were pieces I habitually begged to haul out so we could play. Pieces that my mother said were a pain in the butt to clean up and NO, no one was willing to play said game with me. Also, don't even think of dragging it out and just playing by yourself, I don't want all those pieces in the living room...last weekend she pulled out this game and played it.

Also they let him put stickers all over the kid rocking chair. An offense, I'm pretty sure would have been punishable by stringing up by the toenails when I was a kid. And the explanation? "Ehh, we're grandparents now."

If anyone sees my parents let me know, I'm pretty sure these people are impostors.

8 comments:

nonsoccermom said...

Ha! My parents are the same way! My mom will totally sit down and play with my kids. I don't remember her ever playing with us - she always had "too much to do!" Incidentally, she does now say that she wishes she had taken more time to play with us as kids.

Note to self.

bernthis said...

been there, seeing that same thing now everyday with my kid

Jill said...

Yeah, grandparents are an entirely different species aren't they? If only there was a way to fit a little grandparenting into my parenting. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Well, you got me with the game. I did not remember how it went, and playing it with a 3 yr. old was a total hoot. That is why you have the pictures. Too bad we don't have the audio to go with it.
The rocking chair was totally an Aunt Kathleen and Landon thing.
MoM

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i posted with the wrong account.

I SAIDDDD...


Landon is cute, that's why.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh jeez.... do I know what you are talking about!! Parents and grandparents are from different planets... seriously.

Aunt Becky said...

My parents are the same way. I'm just shocked.