Thursday, December 02, 2010

Sometimes the only way to get your frustrations out is to gripe about them on a public forum of some kind. Possibly a blog.

 
 
Oh look!  A blog!
 
For two days I've been looking at this weird hold on the checking account for some kind of construction company, for $0.01.  I called and asked them about it and the lady read to me exactly what I have on my screen.  Yes, I know it says that, it's what it says on my screen, but I was hoping you could do something about it.  Nope, not until it clears your account.  Yes, but it says "construction" and we all know that means $1,000s and I don't want to deal with that AFTER it passes.  Nothing can be done until it clears your account.
 
But I also got home yesterday to a call from the same bank, re: my allowance account and some fraudulent activity.  Like $300 for shoes, $200 for sporting goods, another $200 for shoes...I guess they recognized that a person who buys shoes exactly once every 2 or 3 years is probably not going to go out and buy $500 worth of shoes and they caught and declined those charges (not to mention the fact that I do not live in New England.)  What they failed to catch was the $40 in gas at a gas station in New York.  But it was still pending, so they couldn't do anything about it.  I kept getting told that over and over again.  Nothing can be done until it clears your account.
 
I went in at lunch to get a new debit card, since mine was frozen post the shoe shopping spree and subsequent non-authorization of said shoe shopping spree.  I even told that lady what was going on and she looked it up and said there was nothing that could be done until it cleared my account.
 
Well it cleared my account.  So I called.  And was told I had to go in to a branch and fill out a dispute form.  WHY DIDN'T THEY GIVE ME THE DISPUTE FORM WHILE I WAS THERE!?  I could have filled it out once it cleared and mailed it in.  GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
 
Luckily the construction one didn't clear.  So there's that.
 
 

2 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

what a mess. i hate to say I have been there... but I have totally been there. I hope it gets cleared up for you quickly!

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to us. Itunes fraud. Bank of America worked really well with us, bit we did have to go into the branch in person.