Thursday, May 03, 2007

Monthly Newsletter #7

Dear Landon,

I swear last time I wrote one of these you were on the verge of crawling. You still are. You scooch along pretty well, you’ve discovered the secret to going forward, and now if you could just lift your big ole milk belly off the floor, I’d be chasing you around the house.






This month marks your first foray into solid food. You liked the cereal, you LOVED the sweet potatoes, you tolerated the squash. We’ve still got green beans and carrots to go, and then we move on to fruit. There are still other vegetables to be tried, but we’ll work those in later. Much to your father’s amusement, I try everything I put in your mouth. If I won’t put it in my mouth, I don’t know how I can expect you to put it in yours. Somehow the baby food manufacturers have managed to create a product that smells exactly like the thing on the label, but tastes like a watered down version of it.


Your father and I finally got around to putting your car together. Your grandmother had requested it for your overnight, and the only reason we hadn’t put it together yet is that you were just barely big enough for it at that point.

We also finally took the cart thingy out of the box that your Aunt Kelly gave you for Christmas. (Actually we did that to keep you occupied while we put the car together, and also because of your attraction to plastic bags you needed a diversion – like a new toy and its box)


You stayed over at your grandparents house for a couple nights this month and although you seemed to have a fine time, when we went to pick you up, you were not about to let me out of your sight.

You have successfully transitioned to the crib, for the most part, although still not sleeping through the night. And your father and I both appreciate the morning you let us sleep in until 9:45, at which point we found you playing quietly with the toys in your crib. Let's try for some more of those kinds of mornings!

Love,

Mom

No comments: