Thursday, July 19, 2007

This year carrots, next year cucumbers

Children eat more vegetables if they are homegrown according to this article. Soooooo…I planted some carrots. They’re growing!!! See these? Carrots! This is exciting, I can’t remember the last time something I planted as a seed actually grew and came up green. I’m jumping up and down and doing cartwheels, the very least you can do is clap a happy clap for me.





As much as I would love to believe that I could maintain a garden, I don’t have the time. If I don’t walk by my plants on a daily basis they have a 99.9% chance of dying in the first month. If I do walk by them they only have a 50% chance of dying, so they have better odds in pots on the back patio. So any vegetable growing at our house will have to be contained in pots. This year I’m going for carrots. Next year I may add cucumbers or tomatoes. I’m leaning more towards cucumbers, I don’t often need fresh tomatoes, but I may in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My carrots always look like little thick strings when the time comes to pull them.

Cucumbers on the other hand are prolific on their own for me.

Tomatoes are too but I can never use them all.

Kely